Do you have a business plan or idea and need a little help with next steps? Our Build for Success program is built on a proven four-pillar model that will help you expand your knowledge and resources through training, lending, business advisory, and real estate support.
During the course of the program, we’ll cover vital business topics that you can immediately put into action including web-based marketing, credit and financing, operations, and more. You will work with our training coordinators, instructors, and neighborhood partners as you apply your new knowledge directly to your business. When you graduate from our Build for Success program, you will have the skills and support you need to start strong and keep growing.
Services in this Program
- Curriculum designed to cover all aspects of a business
- Class sessions held in the fall and spring
- 12-week course, 1 night per week, 2 hours per night
- Up to five 1-on-1 hours with class instructor
- Up to $15,000 forgivable loan
- Payments are interest only at 7%
- 60 month term
- Loans can be used for start-up costs, machinery, fixtures, inventory, supplies, etc.
- Loan forgiven at maturity
- Graduates receive an additional five 1-on-1 hours of business training services
- Graduates receive an additional twenty 1-on-1 hours of business coaching services
- Assist entrepreneurs in lease negotiations
- Provide advisory services for location recommendations, and project budget consultation
Our 12-week sessions are offered in the fall and spring and include a combination of in-class and one-on-one time with our highly-qualified instructors and trainers.
Session 1: Attributes for Success
Session 2: Planning for Business Success
Session 3: The Market - Customers & Competition
Session 4: Marketing & Branding
Session 5: Web-Based Marketing
Session 6: Credit & Financing
Session 7: Management & Operations
Session 8: Competition Reporting
Session 9: Financial Planning - Part I
Session 10: Financial Planning - Part II
Session 11: Are You Ready?
Session 12: Graduation
To be eligible for the Build for Success program, you need to have a business or plan to open a business in one of our targeted neighborhoods.
Apply to join the next cohort.