Neighborhood Progress Fund (“NPF”) is a community development financial institution (“CDFI”) that offers small business loans and business advisory services to entrepreneurs in distressed communities throughout Philadelphia.
NPF provides various loan products to businesses and entrepreneurs that are located within our target markets. Many of these businesses have been turned down by traditional lending institutions because they are not considered creditworthy. Our range of lending products supply newly formed and established businesses with the necessary capital to hire additional employees, to purchase supplies, materials, inventory, equipment, furniture and fixtures. These loans are directly responsible for the creation of jobs and ultimately improve the local economy and financial opportunities of the residents in our target markets. Over our history, we have provided approximately $33 million in capital to approximately 455 businesses and were responsible for the creation of over 3000 jobs.
NPF offers a wide range of financial products to small businesses, not-for-profits, and real estate developers of all sizes throughout all neighborhoods of Philadelphia. NPF’s lending activity is managed by the Business Lending Group and is reviewed and approved by a Loan Committee comprised of NPF’s Board members.
The Business Lending Group manages the marketing, analysis, structuring, approval, and management of a diverse set of loan products to support small businesses of Philadelphia. These products provide funding for supplies, materials, inventory, working capital, machinery and equipment purchases, tenant improvements, real estate improvements and construction.
Business Development and Relationship Management
Find new prospects and develop relationships with existing clients. Develop relationships with key intermediaries to reach new clients, such as bankers, accountants, consultants, attorneys, etc. Represent NPF at networking, educational and industry events.
Application Intake, Review and Analysis
Lead clients through the application, underwriting, approval, settlement and post-closing process for NPF loans. Schedule and attend preliminary prospect meetings and provide advice and guidance including proper size and structure of financing. Assemble application materials and develop written credit memorandum including project description, market analysis, cash flow analysis, collateral analysis and risk analysis.
Loan Approval and Settlement
Present credit memorandum internally and to NPF’s Loan Committee and Board of Directors. Work with counsel and lead clients through the loan documentation and closing process. Input and maintain loan and project related files into NPF’s loan data systems.
Monitor overall portfolio performance and perform annual evaluation of borrower financial condition, organizational trends, debt coverage, collateral coverage and external trends that may impact loan performance. Manage the underwriting of loan extensions and routine loan modifications and the preparation of impairment memos when necessary.
The position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree with major course work in finance, economics, accounting, or other related fields required.
- Five or more years of related job experience with increasing levels of experience in financial analysis, financial services, deal structuring, negotiation and loan closing.
- Prior work-related experience with economic development or social impact lending, as well as, traditional and alternative commercial loan programs is desirable.
- Considerable credit and financial analysis experience. Strong analytical ability.
- Experience with financial statement presentation and projection preparation of for profit and not-for-profit companies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and CRM software.
- Flexible, self-motivated and strategic thinker.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and successful track record developing new client business.
- Ability to take ownership of assignments and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume electronically.